The Daytime-Nighttime Appliance (DNA) System
Revitalize Your Nights with DNA Appliance Therapy
In the realm of sleep dentistry, Sac Sleep and Breathing, nestled in the heart of Sacramento, CA, introduces a revolutionary solution for obstructive sleep apnea – the Daytime-Nighttime Appliance. Under the skill of Dr. A. Scott Grivas III, our practice is committed to providing personalized and effective sleep dentistry services. Learn more about the many benefits of DNA appliance treatment by dialing (916) 735-4060.
What is DNA Appliance Therapy for Sleep Apnea?
The Daytime-Nighttime Appliance (DNA) System is a cutting-edge, epigenetic orthodontics, sleep dentistry solution by VIVOS, designed to address the complexities of obstructive sleep apnea.
DNA appliance therapy consists of a custom-designed oral appliance that individuals wear for ten to 16 hours per day, usually during the evening and night. The DNA appliance gently expands the upper and lower jaws, so the tongue and soft tissues are less likely to collapse during sleep, improving airflow.
DNA oral appliance therapy combines the effectiveness of a removable appliance worn during both daytime and nighttime hours, offering comprehensive and personalized treatment for individuals suffering from sleep-related breathing disorders.
Benefits of the Daytime-Nighttime Appliance System
- Enhanced Comfort and Compliance: The dual-use DNA appliance ensures continuous therapeutic benefits, promoting comfort and patient compliance. Experience customized adjustments for both daytime and nighttime wear, optimizing effectiveness.
- Targeted Airway Support: The DNA appliance system provides targeted support to the airway, reducing instances of airway collapse during sleep. Dr. Grivas tailors the DNA appliance to address individual anatomical considerations, enhancing treatment precision.
- Daytime Functionality: The DNA appliance is discrete and functional, allowing for normal speech and activities while providing therapeutic benefits. Seamless integration into daily life, making it an accessible and practical solution for managing sleep apnea.
- Effective Sleep Management: DNA appliances focus on stabilizing the airway during sleep, contributing to improved breathing patterns, reduced mouth breathing, and reduced snoring. Patients experience more restful sleep, leading to enhanced overall well-being and daytime alertness.
- Non-Surgical Approach: The DNA appliance provides a non-invasive alternative to surgical interventions, avoiding potential pain, extended recovery periods, and associated complications. This means individuals can undergo treatment without surgical incisions, anesthesia, or the related risks.
- Addressing Root Causes: Successful implementation of the DNA appliance may eliminate the need for continuous or lifelong treatments by effectively targeting the underlying issues. This not only results in potential cost savings but also reduces the long-term healthcare burden, offering a more sustainable and convenient solution.
Who Qualifies for DNA Appliance Therapy?
This innovative sleep dentistry solution is suitable for individuals with specific sleep apnea concerns, including:
- Mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea.
- Those seeking an alternative to Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) therapy.
- Patients with anatomical considerations that benefit from a customized oral appliance approach.
- Individuals who desire a comfortable and effective solution for both daytime and nighttime use.
The DNA Appliance Therapy Process
Before initiating the DNA appliance system, a comprehensive consultation with Dr. Grivas is essential. During this session, patients discuss their sleep concerns, medical history, and expectations. Dr. Grivas performs assessments, potentially including sleep studies, to determine the suitability of the DNA appliance system for each individual.
Once the decision is made to proceed, the next step involves the customization of the dual-use DNA appliance. Dr. Grivas ensures a precise fit, taking into account the unique features of each patient’s oral structure and sleep apnea condition.
Adaptation and Follow-Up
Patients are guided on the proper usage of their DNA appliance. Dr. Grivas monitors the adaptation process and makes any necessary adjustments to optimize effectiveness. Regular follow-up appointments ensure ongoing success and address any concerns.
DNA Appliance Aftercare:
To maximize the benefits of DNA appliance therapy, follow these guidelines:
- Consistent Usage: Wear the DNA appliance as directed by Dr. Grivas for both daytime and nighttime use.
- Regular Check-ups: Schedule routine follow-up appointments to assess the DNA appliance’s effectiveness and make any necessary adjustments.
- Communication: Report any changes in sleep patterns, discomfort, or concerns promptly to ensure the ongoing success of the DNA appliance.
- Lifestyle Considerations: Discuss any lifestyle changes or developments that may impact sleep apnea management with Dr. Grivas during follow-up appointments.
- Maintenance: Maintenance for the DNA appliance system includes regularly cleaning the appliances with a mild, non-abrasive cleanser and a soft toothbrush. Additionally, patients should inspect the DNA appliances for any signs of wear or damage and report concerns promptly during follow-up appointments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the DNA appliance uncomfortable?
The DNA appliance is designed for comfort, and adjustments are made to ensure a proper fit. Most patients adapt well to the DNA appliance. If you experience consistent discomfort, contact your sleep dentist immediately so they can resolve any issues.
Is the DNA appliance covered by insurance?
Coverage for the DNA appliance varies. Patients are encouraged to check with their insurance providers beforehand to determine eligibility.
What happens if I miss a night of using my DNA appliance?
Consistent usage of the DNA appliance is crucial for optimal results. If a night is missed, resume regular usage of your DNA appliance as soon as possible.
Can DNA appliance therapy be used for severe sleep apnea?
The DNA appliance is typically recommended for mild to moderate cases. Severe cases may require alternative treatments such as CPAP or surgery.
Call Sac Sleep and Breathing For Your Own DNA Appliance!
Revitalize your nights and regain quality sleep with DNA appliance therapy at Sac Sleep and Breathing. Dr. Grivas and our dedicated team provide personalized and effective sleep dentistry services, including the DNA appliance, in Sacramento, CA. Schedule your appointment by filling out the contact form below or calling (916) 735-4060.
We also serve patients in surrounding areas such as Sierra Oaks, Woodside Condo, and Campus Commons, CA. Embark on the journey to better sleep with your own DNA appliance– your well-rested nights are just a call away!